We have a very special and important group of pupils who have been elected to represent their class – two from each class from Year 2 to Year 6.
The Role of a Shining Light:
· Attend regular meetings with other Shining Lights from each class (Y2-Y6).
· Take ideas and suggestions your class have to discuss at Shining Light meetings.
· Bring back ideas, information and suggestions to your class and encourage your class to listen, discuss, share their views and, where necessary, vote on actions that need to be taken.
· Help to organise charity events throughout the year.
· Encourage the pupils in your class to be aware of their school environment and our responsibility to respect and care for it as Pope Francis asks us to
Specific qualities needed to become a Shining Light: As an individual, you may bring lots of additional skills and abilities to this role in particular. However, to be a successful Shining Light, you need to:
· Be reliable (that means to have good attendance and do what you say you will)
· Be proud of our school and want our school to be the best it can be
· Represent the majority view of your class, even if you don’t agree!
· Be enthusiastic, kind and respectful
· Represent the key values in our Mission- Respect, Resilience, Love of Learning and Excellence and Achievement